Each day you face many choices about what you eat. So, you must learn not only what is right to eat, but also to make correct eating a habit. And that means changing old eating patterns.
The first step is to take a long hard look at how you are eating now. This can be done through keeping a food diary or "self-watching". In this way you can keep tabs on what you eat when and why. To help you pinpoint problems or events that trigger the impulse to overeat, please find the following applies to you:-
DO YOU OVEREAT
* To reward yourself?
* When you feel nervous?
* When you feel depressed?
* When you feel angry?
* When you feel bored?
* To prevent possible hunger (you are not hungry now, but you may be in a couple of hours, and they may not be any food)?
* When you entertain friends?
* When you go to a friend's home or a restaurant?
* When you watch TV, read or work?
* When you see tempting food?
* While you are out shopping, or when you've just done the shopping?